Junior Class
Junior Class
NHS and BETA Club Inductions
NHS and BETA Club Inductions
Weldon Football
Weldon Football

Whats going on this week? Week of Feb. 1st


Wednesday Feb 3rd RVEC Students to attend Stamp Dedication at HCC @11am


Thursday Feb. 4th @ 5:30 PM Quiz Bowl vs KIPP at RVEC 


Thursday Feb 4th @ 6:30 PM PTA


Friday Feb 5th Homeroom/Class Meetings @ 2:10





Leading the Way

In just the past two years RVEC has accomplished many things.  Here are just some of the accomplishments over the past two years:


1-Ranked by US News and Word Report as one of the nations best high schools.

2-Ranked number 148 in the nation (and there are 29000 high schools in America) amd number 12 in the state by NewsWeek.

3-Our test scores have increased 111% from 33.9 in 2013 to 71.4 in 2015.

4-Our Math One has increased to 79% up from 22% just 2 years ago.

5-Our 8th graders were 78% on their NC EOGs while state averages hover around 50%.

6-100% of our 75 graduats have been acceptced to. A post secondary institution.

7-Our 75 graduates have been awarded over 1.5 million dollars in scholarship and grant monies.

8-We have almost 200 students.  Just 4 years ago we had just 64 studnets.

9-Our PTA has been awarded the Blue Ribbon award each of the past two years.

10-So the only question is why havent you joined this winning team.  Spaces for the 16-17 year will be open begining in December so may sure to apply to join our winning and nationally ranked school!


RVEC Makes Newsweek's Top 500 High Schools List!

The 2015 rankings completed by Newsweek have RVEC ranked number 148 out of all high schools in the nation (there are over 29000 high schools in the nation).  Also we are the 12th highest high school in the state according to the 2015 Newsweek list of high schools who defeat the odds.  We are so proud of this accomplishment!  Thank you to our hard working students, staff, and families!  More


ONE OF THE TOP HIGH SCHOOLS IN AMERICA!US News and World Report has named RVEC one of the best high schools in America in their 2015 rankings.  A big thanks goes to our students, staff, and parents who have helped to make our school one of the best high schools in America!


CFNC College application week

November 2nd to November 6th is college application week in NC.  Most all colleges and universities will waive their admission fees this week.  Class of 2016 this is the week out of the year that we expect you to apply, apply. apply.  Also bring in any scholarship letters and college acceptance letters so that we can give you the recognition you deserve.  See Ms. Fenell with any questions. 




quiz bowl

We would like to invite everyone to RVEC's first every Quiz Bowl match.  We will face KIPP Pride HS at 5:30 on Feb. 4th at HCC.  Please come out and support our RVEC Quiz Bowl Team.  Our schedule is posted under the quick links.

ACT Words of the Week


abundant; plentiful


tough; stubborn


acting in secret; sly manner


eager to consume great amounts of food


interfering; offering unwanted advice


not genuine; false


troublesome or burdensome

Spring 2016 RVEC Bell Schedule


Breakfast: 7:45am-8:00am

1st Period 8:00am-9:20am

2nd Period 9:25am-10:45am

3rd Period: 10:50am-12:10pm

Lunch 12:10pm-12:40pm

4th Period: 12:45pm-2:05pm

Seminar: 2:10pm-2:50pm


Extended Day Tutoring (on Certain Days) 3:00pm to 4:00pm

New Student Enrollment
Calendar of Events

Start Date/Time :
End Date/Time :
Recurring Event :
Importance :
Category :
Location :
Description :

Daily Announcements
  • Scholarship List
    This is a very long list and it is the responsibility of each student to research each possible scholarship they are are interested in applying for.  It is also the responsibility of each student to meet deadlines, fill out applications completely, and ask and receive letters of recommendation.  If you need any help please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Ott.
  • Student Scrapbook Online!
    Go to the link above